Sunday, March 27, 2011

Friday Part Deux!....

    So, to continue my story about Friday's adventures......
   
        After leaving the Lighthouse for the Blind thrift store, we decided to try a new 3 store chain called Gina's Bargain Thrift. All 3 of these stores are at random places on Baseline Ave. I'll get the addresses on a list soon. I'm going to start writing down all the names and addresses... and probably phone numbers... of all the stores... sort of a directory of every store I can find. Maybe I will create a page on facebook that holds the directory. I'm not sure where I would do it on the blog site here.

     Anyway, we visited two of the Gina's store. The 1st one (in the 500's on the street) is very disorganized. It's what I am calling the "Low End Gina's". They had a big sale going on though, so I went in and dug through the lot of things. They had clothes advertised at 75% off, and all miscellaneous items/books/shoes, etc at 50% off. This is definately that "diamond in the rough" type of thrift store. The clothes are not very nice here, so I didn't find any clothes. The appliances and the "collectibles" are way overpriced. I found a couple pairs of shoes that were still nice, but that's not what I was there for. The only good thing about this store for me are all the bins of little things you can dig through. I found several little things in these bins; a couple zippers, a length of broken chain, some rolls of thread, some bobbins full of thread, and the two things I have posted pictures of below.... some cutesy charms - - - - - including some Hello Kitty ones... that little kitty sells like hot cakes too. haha
       And this adorable little owl change purse. I sincerely doubt I will sell this. I'm thinking about using it as a pattern to make little plushie owls from. Wouldn't those look cute??
   I make a second sweep around the store before we left and I find the most awesome bird argyle bag... I have no idea how I missed it before.
       I snatched this thing right up. Again, I doubt that this will get sold... unless I get a great offer on it. haha


  After we left this store, we decided to look at the next Gina's down the street, which is right next to 2 more thrift stores, but they weren't open. This Gina's (in the 900's on the street) is what I am calling the "High-End Gina's". The organization is fantastic here, for a thrift store anyway. There are alot of new items and name-brand items. The problem here is that the prices are CRAZY. They are trying to sell used dresses for $8.99 and $12.99. We are talking about Forever 21 dresses, where you could go to the store itself and buy the same thing for two more dollars new.  They also had the same sale out though - 75% off clothes and 50% off most everything else. The sale seemed phenomenal. :) I found a dress that ended up costing me $2 and a black lingerie piece that I will be using to make into a dress. I have an idea for it already. It will probably take me a while though. :D  Here's a picture of it. I wish I could get better pictures, but I don't really have a place to do it. We live in a very small place and it's pretty much full with no wall space to do anything. I'll try to find better places to take these pictures soon.
    

       The entire top of it is sheer black lace. I don't think I'm going to leave it the length that it is right now. I think it will make a better impact in the end with a shorter length.

   After this store, we were going to head to the 3rd Gina's, because I was suspecting that since there had been a low end and a higer end store, that there had to be something in the middle, but we didn't have the time. We had to turn the kid over to her mother. :(

    We went out to eat Friday evening as well, to a place called California Pizza Kitchen. It's an expensive place, so we try not to eat there often. Saturday (Today) is our one year anniversary though, and we had tickets for tonight (Saturday) for Nuclear Cowboyz - a freestyle motocross event - so we went for celebration.   Anyway, we were prepared to pay the $50 it was going to cost us, but when we got our entrees (Ravioli stuffed with Asiago, Mascarpone, Parmesan, and one other in a savory Pomodoro sauce... FANTASTIC) there was a huge piece of Saranwrap IN MY FOOD. It was almost as bad as when you find a hair in your food. Yuck. We of course talked to the manager and he comped our meals. We ended up paying $20 for the meal... and we tipped the waiter like 9 bucks because he felt so bad and we knew it wasn't his fault. Guess it was my deal day. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment