Thursday, May 5, 2011

Trying to go out...

Well, the fiance and I have had the most stressful days yet these past two days. We found out yesterday morning that one of his friends... who was to turn 21 today... failed in his long fight with cancer. His funeral was today... we attended, of course.
  After we found this out, my step-daughter and I got into this big fight. She thinks she rules this house. WRONG. lol I won't give you the details, but I laid her arttitude out.
   Then, we were coming home from grabbing dinner and there were two dogs in our driveway. My fiance honked his horn a couple times and braked in front of them to get them to run away. (We would never run over a dog or a cat or any other animal....) The next door neightbor saw this and immediately started yelling at my fiance. "If that were my dog, I'd kick your ass, you stupid mother f&%$^." Well, of course, in a battle between men, testosterone wins. My fiance got pissed off and said something back... which wasn't even nearly as rude as the things this guy was saying. Well, he said a few things that were so rude to my fiance that I got involved in it, saying something to the effect of, "And what the heck makes you so amazing of a person to berate us like that?" To which he replied that I was a.... a-hem... c-word...

     Anyway, it was a very long drawn-out word battle in which he ended up relenting and apologizing profusely. Damn right he should apologize. Neither of us have ever done anything wrong to the guy. The whole feud with this guy started a few weeks ago when his dog took a dump in our yard. My fiance witnessed said event and asked the neighbor to pick it up. So, apparently asking someone to pick up their own dog's messings is an insult... which is funny because all dog parks and cities ask you to do the same. We do not have a dog for the exact reason that we do not want dog droppings all over our lawn. (Although I kinda want a little Jack Russell. :) )

    That was our yesterday. Today was crazy as well. We went to the funeral service at the funeral home and as we were getting ready to go to the burial, the step-child's mother called and asked us to come get her. Apparently, my step-child got the nerve to punch her mother. NOT COOL. And definately not condoned by anyone raising her. So, we had to run and pick her up and then take her to her very first funeral. Stressful couple of days.

   I'm sure I could have written this better. I love the way I write, but today, I am just too dang exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment