Tuesday, April 5, 2011

3 Complete outfits at MACY'S for $100

     Saturday, the fiance and I went to eat Mongolian Grill at Victoria Gardens... a local shopping center. It was so yummy. I should have gotten a picture of it. I keep forgetting to take poignant "These are what happened today" photos. Hmmmm......   
   For those of you not familiar with Mongolian Grill... you pay and you get this bowl... and you try to cram as much food into this bowl as you can... We pile it up as far as we can so we can share one bowl... then you hand it to a woman (or man) and they cook it in about 5 minutes or less on this really hot hibachi type grill. We have been trying to figure out the correct combination of sauces for MONTHS. I think we finally found it today.... Garlic, a small amount of spicy hot, a generous amount of medium hot, a smooth drop of sesame oil, and then teriyaki sauce when it is done... just for a punch. We ate until we couldn't eat any more. :) :) :)

   We were walking around after we ate and Macy's caught my eye for some reason, so we decided to go in. We walked all around. Checked out all the departments I nomally look at to drool. Then, we went to a part I don't look at much and you'll never guess what we found.....
       RACKS AND RACKS OF CLEARANCE ITEMS. $4.99, $9.99, $19.99, and $24.99
  
   Now, normally, I would not be looking in Macy's for things I could find at the thrift stores, but honestly... when can you ever buy something at Macy's for $9.99? SERIOUSLY.

   There were so many racks I didn't even get to look at them all, but I found a TON of things to try on from the ones I went through. So many, in fact, that I turned the soon-to-be-hubby into my own personal coat hanger. I had so many things to try on while heading to the fitting rooms that he had to be let in to the dressing room specially to drop my items off for me.
    I nixed quite alot of the items as soon as I saw them in the mirror. YUCK. But I came out with some finds that made me feel like a million bucks...
    - a pair of Champion brand sweatpants that feel so comfy I put them on as soon as I got home and have been wearing them every night since.... that's why you are not getting a picture of them... they are already dirty and MUST be washed now. hahahahaha
    - the softest and best fitting pair of skinny jeans I have ever put on this body - shown below paired with two different tops that we also bought at Macy's - 

                                  
          The best finds though, were the other ones... An amazing black and white L.A. Kitty lightweight jacket, a brown belted shirt that makes me look crazy skinny, a pair of pinstripe slacks that fit me like a dream (which is really very hard to accomplish), and a beautiful pair of owl earrings, which I am wearing in each photo... :D    I look at all those fashion mags that say this can be done... a complete outfit for $100... and I rebuffed it, just like everyone else. But this weekend I proved it could be done. Take that, doubt!



    The fiance wanted me to pose on the bike so badly. He just surprised me with it for my early Easter present last night. I LOVE it!! I needed one so badly. I was riding one with no front brakes and no handle grips!!! lol
      I am going to have to get you a close up photo of the amazing owl earrings as well as the other earrings I have made over the past couple days. My step-daughter brought me this flyer about their middle school having a family fun night. They want vendors to sign up for it, so I am going to have to kick my jewelery making into high gear to prepare!!! I only have like 30 different pairs of earrings made!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment