Thursday, April 28, 2011

Queen... A sample of my poetry. :)

***Queen***
  Written May 2008         


                                     Blackest night
                                        World is on fire
                                            With heat from my gaze
                                                                                                                                     
 Blood, a deep crimson
  Pouring from necks
    Carefully cut

Destruction lies
    In a wide path
      Behind me

Bodies thrown to the side
  As one by one
                     They are slaughtered

A hundred pairs of eyes
 Watching
                          From a thousand different places

My arms covered
                             With scratches from fingernails
           Of fallen victims

Guards slain
       Pushed aside
                            I reach my destination

She who sits
                  In a throne of black
                                    Torturing innocent peasants

She who fails
  To see me
                             As I sneak into position

Arrow drawn from my quiver
  And lain carefully
         Across the bow

Aim delicate
                      As I watch her intently
                  Waiting to strike

Drawing silently
  For the one
                       Opportune moment

Her gaze landing on me
  Too late
             As I release the arrow

Her shoulder pinned
                To the throne of darkness
    I approach

Swiftness not deserved
  Dealt in haste
              To aid my escape

Mission completed
  As I slip away
          Into the night

On to the next
              That dares to harm
            My innocent

 

   It's dark, I know, but I like it. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment