Monday, April 11, 2011

Crazy weekend Part 2 - Vermont Ave

      On to the second part of my Friday, Vermont Ave. Let me tell you, this part was SCARY. We found 3 thrift stores on this street, but it took us forever to find them because they are miles and miles apart... and the last 2 are in South LA.... we are talking COMPTON here... you know the place you hear about... yeah, that's it.
    The first place we found was United Thrift Store... It's where I found this cute pair of brown and white shoes.
 They were overpriced, but I fell in love with them when I found them, so I bought them anyway. They had lots of clothes, but the place was DIRTY. Mostly the floors and the smell... I'm glad I wasn't wearing flip flops. Yuck.  I also found a jewelery bead storage container filled with pony beads, but I didn't buy it. I don't really use pony beads. Thinking about it now, I know I really should have bought it. I could've found a use for them, and I can always use more container to sort my beads into. I have a TON of beads and I am always accumulating more.

    Second store of Vermont Ave was Flore's Thrift Store. This place was set up in a hallway sized unit in the ghetto... in an area filled with graffiti and trash. I saw it and wanted to go in... I don't know why. I'm fearless, I guess. haha 
    As soon as I walked in, I knew I was not going to dig through all this mess he had... it felt like there was dirt in the air. I spotted this plastic beaded candle decoration and grabbed it for $1.
  I'm going to take it apart and use the wire and beads for my wedding tiara. I'm making a swarovski tiara and bouquet holder to make myself like the "ice queen" or something. haha I really want snow to be falling too, but we will see if that can happen or not.

    The last place was actually a Salvation Army, on 8601 S Vermont, and it was the worst of all. The smell wafted all the way out of the store and I almost walked out of there when I saw this shirt and loved it... don't know why.
    This place was so dirty I felt like I had to sanitize before I got back in the truck. lol


No comments:

Post a Comment