Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Crazy Weekend Part 3 - Cherry Picked Thrift Store


FIRST, MY FINDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    A very cute pair of Unionbay Shoes, Like New... $4.   They make my feet look so small!!! Which they are not, I assure you. They are the most average women's shoe size in America. An 8.
     A book that called to me for no particular reason. :)
And a skully hat that my step-kid is going to be SOOOOOO jealous of! I also bought a pair of skinny jeans that feel so nice and fit me perfect, but I didn't take a picture of those, since just jeans make a pretty boring photo. haha


       While I didn't find much at this store (It was for lack of looking, not lack of finding, mind you) I think this may be the single most pleasant experience I have had so far in my thrifting travels.  The sales women were SOOOO nice and cheerful. They laughed and talked with us, and it seemed with most of the people who came in while we were there. They even seemed to know several people by name! This is highly unusual. Normally, the sales women are all about that... SALES. These women seem to harbor a family attitude to all fellow thrifters, as though they run this shop for other people and not just for themselves.
     Here's a picture of the storefront, taken from the internet... as I forgot to take a picture of it... I keep forgetting to do that! (Bangs head on wall trying to make it stick!!!)
     Even on the outside, Cherry Picked looks like a wonderful little boutique. And it continues on the inside! The children's clothes and the books are all on the left when you walk in and the adult clothing is all on racks to the right. Scarves are placed nicely into baskets and hats are put in bins. Everything here feels so nice and clean and I actually saw the older woman steam cleaning the clothes that were about to go onto the floor!!! How often do you see this? NEVER. Normally, thrift stores smell like thrift stores. It's something we all have just gotten used to because of the thrill of the find. Not here though. 
     This is the place you go to find the good stuff at great prices. I saw several pairs of designer jeans for sale at rock bottom prices and tops too!!
    But to top it all off is the plate of fresh bread and pastries by the check out counter. These women actually buy or make pastries for their shoppers and give them out for FREE!
   I must say, these women have a real handle on how we thrifters would like to be treated. If you are anywhere near this store and you haven't been there yet. GO NOW. Camp outside. Wait until it opens. (Not really, but it IS that good.)

    Pardon me for forgetting names, by the way. I never can seem to remember anyone's name. Maybe I should have written it down. Ugh with all the forgetting!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment