Monday, April 11, 2011

I have had a CRAZY weekend! Part 1 - Hollywood Blvd.

         Friday was the day we went to Los Angeles. It didn't exactly start as a good day... my guy and I started off fighting for no good reason (I was a hormonal bitch and so was he...lol ) and ended up leaving much later than expected. It didn't matter though, because we hit 7 thrift stores, as well as an insanely awesome store next to a thrift store.  We did so much that I can't cover it all in one blog... so I'll cover a couple things in this one, and split it up. :)

     Let's start with Hollywood Boulevard... I only visited 3 shops here... SO FAR. haha
  The first was the Goodwill on 4575 Hollywood Blvd... It's a pretty big store. Lots of clothes and knick-knacks. But it's priced like every other Goodwilll... Not low enough! We walked in and out of here pretty quickly since we didn't see anything and I don't need alot of new clothes.
    We left and went to an amazing store next door called Wacko. The outside is painted ....  
(That's the Goodwill on the right of it...) - - - - -   Wacko is an amazing randomness store... There is a huge selection of books on culture, art, sex... a bunch of keychains, Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride, Hello Kitty, skulls, etc, etc, etc..  everything you can think of that you can't find anywhere else. There is even an art gallery in the back. It is a fantastic store.
   We only left with a bunch of skull beads for $5. Then, walking by the outside of Goodwill to go back to the car, I see something I have wanted for quite a while, but couldn't afford...
     A LADY GAGA SHIRT!!!! (Yes, this proves to show how young I am... 23.. lol ) I absolutely love this woman. Most talented and entertaining wardrobe and artistry since Madonna. P.S. That is my awesome rescue kitty, Ace, sniffing the shirt there.

      Down the street on Hollywood Blvd is a thrift store chain that only has locations in Southern California, around Los Angeles, and in Florida called Out of the Closet. The one we went to was honestly not very good....

Here's the Storefront...

       We left with only 2 things... that I LOVE... kind of a diamond in the rough kind of place...


I got a long pink and white striped Old Navy dress for $6 and she threw the owl above it in for free!!!  So at least she was really nice. Overall though, that location of this chain was not very good.

    So, that was Hollywood Boulevard... On to the next blog! Sorry, I don't want to bore the hell out of you all in one blog...... haha
                        

No comments:

Post a Comment