Thursday, April 7, 2011

$6 at the Swap Meet....

      On Wednesdays, our local swap meet seems to go crazy at the end. If you were to show up around 2 pm, everyone is starting to close down and a few people start giving their stuff away for free or otherwise amazing deals. :)

       Here, for example, are the photos of everything I paid a total of $6 for... I can't even list everything here...  The kid, fiance, and I found so much, it wouldn't fit in one photo... I had to take 4.
       The plates there are "Summer Garden" by Excel... There's 3 of them and I LOOOOOVE them!!! Then, the bowl is just a kitschy little strawberry bowl. I found a bunch of stuff for crafting and for the kid....
     A ton of broken jewelery and crafty supplies... some photo art by some artist I haven't looked up yet...
     A jewelery box and some purses... this stuff is mostly for the kid....
      And, some more random charms and jewelery-making stuff...

     Then, to top it all off, we went out of our way to eat at Cici's Pizza, and there was a grand opening of a Goodwill right across the parking lot. It has only been open since the 18th of March. YAY!!!
   The fiance HATES Goodwill with a passion, though, so I didn't get to look for long. We found a pair of shorts for the kid and an awesome pair of skater shoes for me. Then, my fiance comes up to me with a smile on his face and pulls a bead sorting plastic container from behind his back. "Awesome!", I said, because I can never have too many of these... But then, he opened it up....
                                    Full of sorted beads, findings, and trims... for $5. MINE.
    He also informed me that thiw coming Friday was not going to be Salvation Army day... boo!... but that we were going to los Angeles to check out thrift stores out there!!! YAY!!!    I can't wait to see what I find!!!  
 
     On a sadder (but hopeful) note... my mother has an interview with the caregivers office tomorrow. They are coming to the house to look at where she is living and if they find her in need, they will be appointing me a position as caregiver, which means I have a 9-5 job for the state! It would be a really amazing thing if I could work to help my mother, which I do anyway. She is a pretty sick woman. She started getting sick when she was 17, right after she had me. She got so sick she had no choice to give me up for adoption, and I thank her every day for doing it. She went through periods in her life where she was homeless, moving around so much, living in a truck... can you imagine what my life would have been like had I been with her then?
   Anyway, she has been diagnosed with epilepsy and the doctor started tests last month for what she believes is fibromyalgia as well. She has a back problem from shattering disks in her spine when she was a gymnast as an early teenager, as well as restless leg syndrome, which is extremely painful sometimes. If you have it, you know. She needs quite a bit of help most days, to say the least.   
    I am really hoping that it works out.

Ok, I'm done for the day. I'm tired and I have that interview with mom tomorrow early, so goodnight, blogging world! I can't wait until I have more followers and people start talking to me more. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment