Saturday, April 16, 2011

Back To Gina's - A Break In Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

     So, today the fiance and I decided to run around a bit looking for some more crafty stuff. The first thing that came into my mind was that box of beads at the "High-class Gina's" that I wanted ever so badly about a month or so ago. I had to talk the fiance into going because of the horrible experience we had with that one worker. Geez.  She had an attitude on her. lol
    Anyway, we went in about an hour before the store closes... 6 o clock is when they close, if you were wondering. We walked straight to where those beads were before and there they were, screaming "AAAAAAHHHHHHH" like a heavenly voice in my ear. Only where this one box was the angel with large spread wings, there were now several little cherubs surrounding it. Several other bags of beads and findings just waiting there for this ever so special thrifter to find. A single solitary movie style teardrop should have fallen down my face at this point. :)
   We picked up the one box and one of the other large bags and took them to the counter, which was literally 2 feet away. The woman standing behind the counter was extremely nice and greeted us. The fiance introduced himself and told her that we had seen her one time before, which we had. We talked with her briefly at "Middle-Class Gina's" at one point. She recognized us right away, or seemed as though she did... good sign :)  
    Then, the fiance started to haggle. I love this man for his haggling, let me tell you. Never in my life have I seen a man haggle so well. Anyway, he told her about this blog, which I have going on in a couple of other places as well, and how I review thrift stores, etc. We also talked about how I make jewelery. She has necklaces she wants extended. An easy task for me. :) 
   Anyway, this angel of an owner decided to make a deal with us. I won't tell you how much we got it for, but I will tell you that this was a crazy amazing deal. CRAZY. Not only did we get the box and the one bag, we got the box and 4 other bags. This deal was LUDICROUS.  I have to take back anything negative I might have said about this woman's stores. I don't believe I said anything really negative though... which is good. More Smiles!!! :) :) :)
   I can't wait to dig through Gina's again!!!

Oh, P.S. I forgot to say...  While we were checking out with Miss Gina herself, we noticed that the worked we had problems with was standing right there at the counter helping someone else!!! I don't know if she recognized us, but she didn't stick around the counter for very long, so maybe she did. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment