Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Rest of my thrifting Saturday... Timeless Treasures, House of Return, and The Address Boutique Resale

       Let's just get straight down to the reviewing, shall we?
  
     Ticktocker Timeless Treasures Thrift Store
       9441 Culver Blvd.
       Culver City, CA 90232
    Phone - 310-559-8338

This place was SO cute. It is in between a bunch of restaurants too, so I'll bet it gets quite a bit of business. Here's the outside... although it's not a very good photo, as there are these amazingly charming trees surrounding the outside...
     Here are my finds....
    Over-The-Knee High Patent Leather Boots... Reasons for purchasing, you ask??  One - Because I have the perfect dress for them... Two - Because I am confident I can make them look classy... and Three - Because, let's face it... Every woman needs a pair or two of HO shoes  (I have several... haha)  Wear your ho shoes with pride, ladies!! Just don't dress like a ho while you are wearing them! haha
                   The business card... :)
                    and crafty finds... a small bag of beads for $2 and some more bracelets and a necklace to take apart for $2.
     I spent only $8 here. The boots were on sale half off and only marked at $8 to begin with.... Ho heaven... hahahahahaha

   Anyway, the place is so well organized and the prices here are FANTASTIC! There is an art room, a furniture room, a book room... in which all the books are displayed nicely and even sorted into category...LOVE... and a gold room, which displays the best quality stuff and formal things. I found a GORGEOUS short prom dress here marked at only $29. BARGAINS GALORE.  The sales people are nice... so very sweet and kind-hearted... not to mention that they are willing to make a deal with you!!!!
     
             I cannot boast enough about Timeless Treasures.  So I'll only say one more thing....
                                       
                        SHOP HERE!

    Next, The House of Return... also in Culver City, right down the street from Timeless Treasures. I don't have the address and don't know that I would give it to you if I did. The main saleswoman was so nice and tried to make a deal with us on an Adidas jacket the fiance wanted, but the manager woman shut her down and we ended up spending only a dollar on two pieces of jewelery I could tear apart.  Everything I saw in here (except the 2 pieces we bought) were overpriced and the rest of the sales people were rude and didn't want to help anyone. The high point of this visit was a woman who asked my fiance to try on a jacket she was thinking about buying for her son. It was a great jacket. I wouldn't have paid that much for it, but for a gift for her son, she got it.    Maybe I just got a bad first impression, but you know what they say about first impressions.

      And lastly, the Address Boutique Resale store.
   
The Address to The Addess -
     1116 Wilshire Blvd.
     Santa Monica, CA 90401
  Phone - 310-394-1406

        

    First, I will tell you that this is not a THRIFT store. This is a RESALE store. Meaning if you are looking for a pair of Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, etc etc etc etc shoes, this is the place to go.
     The saleswomen are very nice, especially Crissy, the woman who helped me. I am kind of an independant shopper though, and I don't think they are used to that. The other two women would not stop watching me. I felt like since I was young, they thought I was going to try to steal something or something. Crissy, however, got that I was not wanting to be coddled, and just popped in to see how I was doing. Bless this woman.
    The prices, for what this place is, are amazing. I found a pair of Christian Louboutins here for $500 and some dollars, but they just did not fit me correctly. :(   Trust me, if they would have, I would have had me some heavenly red soles... no matter how much they cost.
   They also have a 30-day layaway program... LOVE!!!

  Overall, I loved this place, even though I couldn't find much that fit me. I ended up spending only $20 on two Free People Brand Long Sleeve Sweaters... which is a pretty good price. And the best part was that Crissy treated my measly $20 purchase like I was buying those precious Louboutins...
      And trust me, I will buy some Louboutins.... Crissy has my number on speed dial for some size 8 four- inch red-soled sex-on-a-high-heel shoes.... :)   Someday. :)
 

1 comment:

  1. Hello, i must say thoes boots look awsome and u should post more of them on you, oh and u have very peretty toes :0) i wanted to add keep up the shoe game :0)

    ReplyDelete